I’m not a mother, but this Mother’s Day I was inspired to make something a little special for breakfast when I saw these little gems pop up in my news feed on Facebook. Thanks for sharing, Mikki!
Original post here.
These pancakes are Primal, Paleo, and low carb, with 6.4 g net carbs per serve (2 pancakes). The recipe makes two serves – just enough to wow the socks off your significant other.
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/4 c sparkling water (tap will work)
1/4 tsp salt
1 c almond flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
Preheat pan – a low to medium heat does the trick. Melt a tbsp of coconut oil in the pan.
1. Melt the coconut oil. I sit my jar in a sink full of hot water for a few minutes until enough of it is liquid to measure out what I need. Pour the 2 tbsp into a bowl.
2. Add eggs to the melted coconut oil, and whisk well. Then add water, salt, vanilla, and cinnamon. If you wanted to use a sweetener such as stevia, add it now too.
3. Mix in almond flour. You should have a batter thin enough to pour, but not so thin it will spread a great deal in the pan. If you want it runnier, add a little more water.
4. I used a 1/3 c measure to pour my batter into the pan, which I greased with coconut oil. Pour batter into the pan, and allow to sit until the edges start to bubble.
5. Flip VERY carefully, and allow to cook through, but not allowing to burn.
6. Plate, and serve with toppings of choice: butter, cream cheese, maple syrup, honey, peanut butter, fresh fruit, whipped cream, or any combination thereof!
Nutritional Info (per 2 pancakes):
Fat: 45.2 g
Carbs: 6.4 g